Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I smell Italian!

Well I personally don't smell Italian, but my house smells like it! I have decided to make home made spaghetti sauce and freeze it for days when we've run out. Although the amount my kids eat, I doubt it will even get to the freezer!


It's super easy to make Spaghetti Sauce in your crock pot. Fry up some hamburger, drain it and toss it in the crock pot with some diced tomatoes, garlic, italian seasoning (which I make myself out of herbs my cousin grows and shares with us), a little olive oil, add some fresh chopped mushrooms, onions and peppers. And leave it cook allllllll day on low! It's so friggin good that even my husband, who by the way hates every kind of pasta except Kraft Mac and Cheese, eats it!


I am trying to cook up the whole wheat spaghetti I bought a few months ago. I thought it would be good to switch over to whole wheat but my eldest daughter catches me every time trying to put it in the pot! Ugggghh she ignores me most of the time, I don't see why she seems to be right on my rear when I am making spaghetti! lol


Oh well, hopefully tonight I can get it in the pot and cooked before she realizes it's done and maybe, if I'm really fast and sneaky she won't even notice it's on her plate! Hahaha :)

It's really good on a busy night to have dinner already planned out. Like tonight for instance.  Belly Dance starts tonight and I am so excited to get back into the shimmy shimmy! I took some time off because the kids were busy and there just wasn't enough time in a day, but now I am thinking that I NEED to go back to it. There is something just "right" about belly dancing. I don't know what it is exactly. The way you move maybe, it seems so free. I could be just a nice fun night with the ladies? Yeah that's probably it :) Anyhow, I will be there with bells on (well not bells actually, but my tribal belt and tassels!) tonight and shimmy all my frustrations out!

No comments:

Post a Comment